Yogacharya RakeshFounder Director, Samyak Yoga
I was introduced to Yoga, guided into this journey of self-discovery by holding my hands by Dr Ramachandra Bhatt, the chief Acharya of Veda Vijnana Gurukulam, Vice-Chancellor of SVYASA Yoga University, Bangalore.
Veda Vijnana Gurukulam is a Vedic-Yogic monastery wherein students study, speak and live Sanskrit. The Yogic, The Vedic and Vedanta texts are studied in Sanskrit while practicing what you study is given the most importance. By doing so, you receive the knowledge of the tradition and practice of Yoga from the source while practicing as it is taught makes you live with what you learned.
About Me in Nutshell
- First exposed to the practice & philosophy of Yoga in Veda Vijnana Gurukulam
- Guruji Dr. Ramachandra Bhatt has been the guiding light for the practice
- Obtained a Bachelors & Masters in Sanskrit along with the study in Veda Vijnana Gurukulam
- Obtained the Masters in Yogic Sciences, Bangalore
- Awarded for the best presentation in the Masters study
Being a Yoga Teacher
- Trained Ayurvedic Doctors in Sanskrit language and decoding the Ayurvedic Texts
- Have been a Personal Yoga Trainer for high profile celebrities
- Research presentations in Bangalore, Pondicherry, Varanasi etc. recognized by the world of scholars in the field
- Studied complete Krishna Yajurveda Mula (The Vedic chanting)
- Studied the original Sanskrit texts of Sankhya, Nyaya, Purva Meemamsa Schools of Philosophies as the Foundation
- Explored the Shankara Commentary on Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads and Brahma Sutras
- Studied Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with Vyasa Bhashyam
- Undergone the intensive study-training on Hatha Yoga Pradeepika, Gheranda Samhita and Shiva Samhita (The Yogic Texts)
- Practiced Ashtanga Yoga with Saraswathi at KPJAY Mysore
- Practiced Ashtanga Yoga with John Scott at Purple Yoga Valley, Goa
- Developed traditional Hatha Yoga Practice with Ramachandra Bhatt at Veda Vijnana Gurukulam
- Explored Vinyasa Yoga Practice with Vijay Amar Sen
Exploring Traditional Practice of Yoga
During Yoga Teacher Training Courses, we focus on the traditional style of Yoga practice. Removing all the decorations and bringing Yoga practice back to the way it has been with safe, proper alignments, preparations and props is one of the significant needs of Yoga practice
Exploring the art of teaching Yoga
During Yoga Teacher Training Courses with Yogacharya Rakesh, you will be exploring the art of teaching Yoga. It is not just about sharing the knowledge of how to practice an asana. You should assess the student’s abilities, aspects to work on and then guide into exploring the territories they can possibly discover that they couldn’t be without the support of the teacher.
Watch Full Yoga classes
Take a look at the classes taught by Yogacharya Rakesh during Yoga Teacher Training Courses at Samyak Yoga, Mysore India
The Body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in
Yoga is a perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are. The journey then begins.
You are not a body with a soul within. You are the soul residing in a body.
Teachers & Tradition
Veda Vijnana Gurukulam, an Indian Vedic-Yogic Gurukulam system is the root from which Samyak Yoga has been flourishing as one of the fastest-growing Yoga Families in the world. Our Acharya (Guruji) is Ramchandra Bhatt is the mentor, guiding force behind the development of Samyak Yoga who of course, does not teach in the Teacher Training Courses. It was a blessing to be taught by Acharya, who is the reason behind the dream called “Samyak Yoga”.