Vinyasa Yoga Teacher TrainingOctober 2018
- 1 October 2018 to 28 October 2018
- Samyak Yoga Ashram
- Yoga Alliance US & Yoga Alliance Professionals
Course Fee – Yoga Teacher Training
- For Registration Fees received after 30th June 2018
- For Registration Fees received before 30th June 2018
- For Registration Fees received after 30th June 2018
Course Fee Includes:
- Food and Single Accommodation (for 28 Days)
- Transportation from the BANGALORE AIRPORT
- Tuition and training in Traditional Vinyasa Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- One Samyak Yoga Teeshirt
- One Jalaneti Kit
- One Notebook and a pen
- WiFi Facility
Check-in & Check-outs
Check-in: 1 October 2018 at noon – Lunch Included
Check-out: 28 October 2018 at 10:00 am. – Breakfast Included.
200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training – October 2018 is a four-week long, intensive Training in the traditional style of Vinyasa Yoga. It does not explore the mix of styles such as Ashtanga Vinyasa or Hatha Yoga etc. The complete training is dedicated to understanding and getting deeper into the practice and teaching of Vinyasa Yoga.
Elevating your practice
The early morning practice brings you the traditional style of Vinyasa Yoga. This practice is built slowly from the first week to the last week. The intensity gets deeper from beginner to intermediate to advanced level of practice of Vinyasa Yoga.
As your practice progresses, individual feedback by the teachers on the different aspects. You will also be working on building your own Self Practice as this is one of the aspects yoga teachers lack. You will work on the building, tasting the personal practice of Vinyasa Yoga, the foundation of a Vinyasa Yoga Teacher.
Nurturing the skills
You will be discovering Subtle Alignments of every asana with its variations, techniques, and tips to practice are explored every day in Asana Clinic. As a skilled Yoga Teacher, you should know the safe practices as well as different levels of teaching the same asanas. It is also important to explore, practice and get the experience of Art of Hands on Adjustments. These Hands-on Adjustments can really enhance your understanding of asanas and teaching Vinyasa Yoga.
The Making of Vinyasa Yoga Teacher
You will be guided on how the Vinyasa Yoga modules are created traditionally. You are also required to create Vinyasa Yoga Class modules and teach them. By doing these, you start becoming a complete Vinyasa Yoga Teacher who can practice, create and teach your own modules.
You will be discussing Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Vinyasa Yoga – its Origin and Evolution, Chakras and Nadis with their implications on the practice, etc. during the philosophical sessions. During the training, you will be practicing Pranayama & Meditation every day. The inner changes that you experience due to the systematic – progressive practice of Pranayama and Meditation transform you in ways that can’t be explained.
Know before You Register
All Classes/Sessions are mandatory. This course is intensive – have a regular practice 3 to 4 times per week up to 3 to 6 months prior the course starts.
At Samyak Yoga Ashram, Yoga Teacher Training has a well-thought, experience-based structure. Every session is placed on a particular day for a reason. As you go move forward every week, you will explore the bigger picture of the training. Therefore, we require your complete attention during the training. As mentioned above, we require your keenness to learn. There is no comparison or competition. Please respect the body-mind and the process of progress. There is no short-cut.
If you have minimum knowledge of English, it is enough to understand and participate in the training. The teachers will sit with you during the extra time if required, to assist you for the better understanding of the sessions.However, you will need to prepare the body-mind for the intensive training for a year minimum.
You will be teaching from Day 2. However, you can teach group classes in the language you speak back home such as Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese etc.
Samyak Yoga Ashram is a combination of spiritual Yoga Ashram environment with professional training institutional approach. We strive to keep the energy of the ashram undiluted so that the professional training in Yoga Practice brings out the spiritual transformation too.
Therefore, try to come with the emptiness or openness of a Zen/Tao or Yogis’ heart.
Participation in the Yoga Teacher Training does not guarantee you the certificate as a Yoga Teacher. There are different set-standards of measurements put in place to assess the abilities of the student’s progress. They also include ethical Yogic behavior and following the principles of Yamas and Niyamas.
TENTATIVE TIME TABLE
|07:00 AM – 8.30 AM||Traditional Vinyasa Yoga Practice|
|8.30 AM – 9.15 AM||Breakfast|
|9.15 AM – 10.00 AM||Break|
|10.00 AM – 11.15 AM||Yoga Philosophy|
|11.15AM – 11.30 AM||Tea Break|
|11.30 AM – 12.30 PM||Asana Clinic|
|12.30 PM – 13.30 PM||Group Practice (Teaching Methodology)|
|1.30 PM – 4.30 PM||Lunch and Self Study|
|4.30 PM – 6.00 PM||Theme based practices and workshops|
|6.00 PM – 6.30 PM||Shower Break|
|6.30 PM – 6.45 PM||Bhakti Yoga|
|6.45 PM – 7.30 PM||Practice of Pranayama & Meditation|
- Fill up the Registration Form and Submit.
- Registration Dept. will get back to you with further details and you will be asked if you would like to confirm.
- To secure the registration, register for Payment Portal (the link will be shared by the Registration Dept.)
- Complete the Registration Payment of 30000 INR in your dashboard of Payment Portal and your place will be secured in the training.
- You will receive the ‘WELCOME KIT’ with details about the training and required preparation for the training along with the payment receipt.
- You will be required to complete the remaining payment in the same payment portal within 30 days of registration payment.
- You will receive the payment receipt and necessary information regarding the training.
- Upload the Passport copy for documentation and traveling details to arrange the transportation in the payment portal.
TIPS & THINGS TO KNOW
HOW TO REACH MYSORE
- Book your flight to BANGALORE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (also known as Kempegowda International Airport) – Airport Code is BLR.
- The distance between the Airport and our Shala is 170 Kms. The journey is about 3-4 hours.
- Send us your flight detail information, such as Flight Number, Terminal Number, Date and Time of your arrival.
- You can arrive at any time even in the mid-night. The taxi is arranged for every individual student. You do not need to wait for other students to arrive.
- The Taxi will be waiting for you OUTSIDE OF THE AIRPORT, at the Arrival Gate with a signboard “YOUR NAME – SAMYAK YOGA”.
- We can accommodate you only A DAY prior (on 30 September 2018) the course starts. If you are arriving earlier than30 September 2018 you will have to find your own accommodation. Then, the transportation will be organized from the guest house or hotel in Mysore (not from Bangalore).
- Accommodation is included from October 1st to October 28th, 2018.
- If you arrive on 30 September 2018 the transportation is included in the training fee. But you will have to pay an extra fee for the food & accommodation. Contact via email for details.
- Laundry Service available – 1,400 Refundable deposit is made by the student and a nominal fee will be deducted.
- Transportation is included FROM the Bangalore Airport or from Mysore. Transportation is included only if you are reaching by30 September 2018 or October 1st, 2018. Before these dates transportation will be at your own expense.
- The transportation facility ends on October 1st, at 11:00 AM. The latest time for you to arrive at the airport will be 11:00 AM on 1st of October 2018.
- The transportation at the end of the training isn’t included. However, it can be arranged if requested. You can contact the reception during your stay at the Ashram for assistance.
- The food provided at the Ashram is delicious – Ayurveda based meals. However, we do try our best to arrange the alternative food arrangements for Vegan and other food preferences such as lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance.
- The food we consume is very significant in the yoga practice. Therefore, we make a conscious effort in choosing the ingredients such as fruits and vegetables as organic as possible. It is also important how it is prepared. The mind of Chef in the preparation of the food has an impact on the quality of food. Even the process of food consumption has an immense impact on the yoga practice. Considering all the aspects, we have been making conscious efforts in offering food as a sacred process of enhancing Yoga practice.
- You can apply for a TOURISTIC VISA or E-visa. Check if your country is on the E-VISA list. You need to have a visa valid for at least 29 days. Visit indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html for details.
Freequently Asked Questions
Is it safe for a single female traveler to travel alone?
It is completely safe to travel to Samyak Yoga. We arrange the transportation from the airport as soon as you arrive at the arrival gate. We do not outsource the facility, instead, the drivers we send are known to us for a long time. They are safe to travel with.
Should I wait for other students during pick up at the airport?
No. The taxi will be ready as soon as you arrive at the airport. The transportation is arranged for every individual student. However, if someone is traveling on the same flight that of you, we will let you know in advance and you can travel together.
What about money exchange?
You can make any remaining payment at Samyak Yoga in any currency. However, you will need some INR for your shopping. You can exchange your currency into INR during your visit to Mysore city during day-off.
What can I do during my day-off?
Every seventh day of the training is a break for the classes. You can visit Mysore city, get some massage, go shopping or just stay back at the Ashram. You will be guided in details at the reception of the Ashram.
Can I follow my Vegan food preferences?
Though we have a delicious food menu prepared under the guidance of Ayurveda doctors, we do have options for students who prefer Vegan diet. Some students have lactose/gluten intolerance. Though the food options are minimum, we do try our best to offer the delicious food during your training.
When should I have my flight back?
Your training completes on 28th October 2018 at 10:00 AM. You will be able to schedule your flight back on the same day after 6:00 PM (evening).
We will be in touch right away
Mysore Yoga Teacher Training Institute
Mysore Yoga Teacher Training Institute (Samyak Yoga)
#76, Cauvery Sannidhi
Karnataka, India 571438