TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Samyak Yoga reserves the right to refuse admission to Yoga Teacher Training, workshops or retreats.
- In the event that admission is refused for any reason within the discretion of Samyak Yoga after payment of the deposit / in full, 100% of payment received by the organization minus a 30% administration fee will be refunded to the payer.
- Latecomers may be admitted to training at the discretion of Samyak Yoga.
- Samyak Yoga requires that all trainees attending our Teacher Training program have comprehensive travel, medical insurance for the duration of their training.
SANCTUARY OF INFORMATION
- Samyak Yoga takes the privacy and security of our trainees and their personal information very seriously.
- Information collected is used strictly by us to provide our services to you and as is required for the provision of our services.
- Information submitted to Samyak Yoga may be shared with administrative staff and teachers solely for the purpose of administration and teaching.
- Trainees understand that Samyak Yoga engages in social media networking, such as Facebook, etc. as part of the Yoga institution’s promotional endeavours, which may involve sharing of photos or other information.
- Samyak Yoga may contact graduates in the future about upcoming events and opportunities. This will require the use of trainee contact details. If trainees are uncomfortable with this please make this explicitly known to the staff via email.
- Samyak Yoga cannot guarantee your registration in Teacher Training Course training until the advance payment is made.
- The registration fee paid only confirms the place in the teacher training/workshop/retreat.
- Late registration depends on the availability of seats.
- Trainee identification such as a photocopy of Passport and Visa must be provided before the initiation ceremony.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- Samyak Yoga accepts no responsibility for cancellation, delays, changes or losses caused by acts of God, war, and a threat of war, closure of airports, civil strife, natural disasters, accidents or any other events beyond our control. This includes injuries, illnesses, medical or psychiatric conditions of trainees developed during or subsequent to the course as well as loss of, or damage to, personal property during the training.
- In the unlikely event that a a Yoga Teacher Training, workshop or retreat is cancelled by Samyak Yoga then 100% of the payment will be refunded, or an alternative retreat or training placement will be offered according to the circumstances. This does not include the cancellation of the training due to external circumstances such as conflicts between the countries, pandemics, ban of travel by a specific country etc.
- Where the registration is cancelled by a trainee for any reason, both the registration fee & Course fee are not refundable. Transfer of the payment to another training will be possible and is at the discretion of Samyak Yoga management
- If a training, workshop or retreat must be abandoned or interrupted due to exceptional circumstances there will not be a refund if more than half of the training has been completed (start and finish dates inclusive). However, if the training is cancelled due to exceptional circumstances before the mid way, the trainees will be able to re-register for a future training with a minimum payment for the food and accommodation.
- Samyak Yoga accepts no responsibility for flight costs in the event of cancellation of training, workshops or retreats. The Institution is not liable for any flight cancellation, rescheduling or delays.
- Injury or illness prior to or during the training by partaking in training, workshops, retreats or classes, trainees retain control and direction over all their physical activities and voluntarily assume full liability and accept the risk of harm, including physical injury and discomfort as a result of their participation in activities during the program.
- Samyak Yoga accepts no liability for any injury or illnesses that occur to trainees during the training, workshops, retreats or classes.
COVID -19 SITUATION
- There is no refund for the training courses where students had enrolled for and then cancelled due to the covid-19 pandemic hit.
- The courses which are announced after the covid-19 (in 2021) and often could be uncertain due to which there is a refund of the payment, in case there is a cancellation of the training or lockdown in Mysore.
- The above-mentioned refund is not applicable without the impact of covid-19, wherein the student likes to withdraw the registration for personal reasons. When the student likes to withdraw the registration for personal reasons, the registration fee paid can be transferred for a future training course, at the discretion of Samyak Yoga management.
USAGE OF PHOTOS & VIDEOS
- Pictures taken during training, workshops, retreats or classes may be used in a promotional capacity such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, YouTube, the institution website etc. By agreeing to these terms and conditions trainees give full permission for this information to be released.
- Samyak Yoga retains no liability for use of pictures or videos taken by trainees of the training, the teachers or other trainees.
- Photos and videos taken by trainees during training are deemed to be for learning and personal use only. Sharing this information with third parties or for financial gain without the full permission of Samyak Yoga is strictly prohibited.
USE OF COURSE MATERIALS
- Materials that are part of any training, workshop or retreat including but not limited to the Yoga Teacher training manual, the general layout of the Samyak Yoga Website, Logos, Trademarks and web pages content are the property of Samyak Yoga. Using this information with third parties or for financial gain without full permission of Samyak Yoga is strictly prohibited.
- It may be necessary for us to review and revise these Terms and Conditions. Samyak Yoga reserves the right to review and change these terms and conditions at any time. If revised, changes will be posted on the website.
- Samyak Yoga reserves the right to alter the program or curriculum and to select staff from a pool of qualified teachers depending upon availability per training.
- Upon submitting the registration form and clicking the button “I agree to terms and conditions” you fully and voluntarily agree to said Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have both read and fully comprehend the nature and consequences of the agreement to these Terms and Conditions. If you have not read, understood or do not agree to these terms and conditions do not proceed with your registration by clicking on the agreement button.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Samyak Yoga strives to provide an environment conducive to learning, growth, and professionalism. Students are expected to behave courteously and respectfully, to observe Samyak Yoga policies, and to devote themselves earnestly to their studies. The following may be grounds for disciplinary action and possible dismissal from the program and/or Samyak Yoga premises:
- Verbal or physical abuse of any person or conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person at Samyak Yoga.
- Theft of Samyak Yoga property or the property of any member of the Samyak Yoga community at the premises.
- Wilful or reckless damage to Samyak Yoga property or the property of a member of the Samyak Yoga community.
- Obstruction or disruption of teaching or other components of the academic process.
- Failure to comply with Samyak Yoga policy at any time.
- Possession or use of controlled substances, illegal drugs, or alcohol on Samyak Yoga premises.
- Possession or use of any weapons on Samyak Yoga premises.
- Harassment, Sexual or otherwise, or intimidation of any member of Samyak Yoga community while on Samyak Yoga premises. This includes any behavior that creates a hostile or offensive environment for any student, employee, or guest of Samyak Yoga.
- The usage of gadgets during the classes to take pictures and Videos are allowed. The use of the smartphone, I-phone, I-pad, Tablet, Mobile, to browse the internet is forbidden during the classes.
- Being Absent to any of the session without the prior permission from the teachers. The course is intensive and all the sessions are mandatory. The Yoga Teacher Training Course at Samyak Yoga Ashram is not a retreat, but an intensive learning program.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Samyak Yoga takes strict care of the privacy of students. We do not share any of your information with anyone besides the registration bodies such as Yoga Alliance and Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- Please note that upon submitting the registration form you agree that “As a student of a Samyak teacher training course, I consent to my contact details (name and email) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance & Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact me directly and invite me to register as a Trainee and Teacher. I understand that I have the option of opting out of this registration process”
- For details, please refer “GDPR”
STUDENT GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
The Grievance Procedure outlines the student’s right to file a complaint with the Karnataka State Board for Secondary Education. If a student has a complaint, grievance or dispute with Samyak Yoga, the student may file a complaint with the Karnataka State Board for Secondary Education. The student must contact the State Board for further details.
The State Board can be contacted by the following ways: