HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING –NOVEMBER 2018
Date: 1 November – 28 November 2018
Location: Samyak Yoga Ashram, Mysore – India
Certification: Yoga Alliance US and Yoga Alliance UK
HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING DESCRIPTION
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – November 2018 is a four-week long, intensive Yoga Teacher Training in the traditional style of Hatha Yoga. During the training, you will be exploring the practice of traditional Hatha Yoga while exploring the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, origin-history-perspective of Hatha Yoga Philosophy.
TRADITIONAL HATHA YOGA PRACTICE
The early morning practice brings you the traditional style of Hatha Yoga. This practice is built slowly from the first week to the last week. The intensity gets deeper from intermediate to advanced level of practice.
You will be discovering Subtle Alignments of every asana with its variations, techniques and tips to practice are explored every day in Asana Clinic. As a skilled Hatha Yoga Teacher, you should know the safe practices as well as different levels of teaching the same asanas. It is also important to explore, practice and get the experience of Art of Hands on Adjustments. These Hands-on Adjustments can really enhance your understanding of asanas and teaching Hatha Yoga…
You will also be working on building your own Self Practice as this is one of the aspects yoga teachers lack. You will work on building, tasting the personal practice of Hatha Yoga, the foundation of a Hatha Yoga Teacher.
BECOMING A HATHA YOGA TEACHER
From Day 2, you will be teaching in small groups. At the end of every session, you will receive the feed back on your teaching. The experience of teaching every day and getting tips to improve the teaching transforms you as a Hatha Yoga Teacher.
As days pass, the intensity and duration of teaching gets into next levels. You will explore dimensions of teaching. It is fascinating to look at the practice from the teacher’s perspective.
You will be guided on how the Hatha Yoga modules are created traditionally. You are also required to create Yoga Class modules and teach them. By doing these, you start becoming a complete Hatha Yoga Teacher who can practice, create and teach your own module.
PRACTICE AND TEACH BEYOND ASANAS
You will be discussing Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga – its Origin and Evolution with Hatha Yoga Pradeepika, Shiva Samhita and Gheranda Samhita, Chakras and Nadis with their implications on the practice, etc. during the philosophical sessions.
During the training, you will be practicing Pranayama & Meditation every day. The inner changes that you experience due to the systematic – progressive practice of Pranayama and Meditation transform you in ways that can’t be explained.
You will be a Hatha Yoga Teacher if you are able to teach Pranayama, Meditation etc. along with the asanas. Otherwise, you will be an asana teacher. During the training, you will be guided on how to teach Pranayamas, Meditation techniques etc.
Kriyas are another important aspect of a Yoga Teacher. You will be practicing Kriyas such as Jalaneti & Trataka every week.
This training can be life-transforming experience if you prepare for the regular practice of asanas (the least) and prepare the body-mind for the intensive training.
Food & Accommodation
Food is prepared based on the Ayurvedic concepts such as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The ingredients for the food preparation are supplied by the local community of organic farmers.
All our accommodations are single with attached bathroom and western commode. The rooms are equipped with 24*7 hot-water, electricity and WiFi. You also have a study section used to prepare for the sessions during the training.
BEFORE YOU GET REGISTER WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- All Classes/Sessions are mandatory.
- This course is intensive – have a regular practice 3 to 4 times per week up to 3 to 6 months prior the course starts.
- At Samyak Yoga Ashram, Yoga Teacher Training has a well-thought, experience-based structure. Every session is placed on a particular day for a reason. As you go move forward every week, you will explore the bigger picture of the training. Therefore, we require your complete attention during the training.
- As mentioned above, we require your keenness to learn. There is no comparison or competition. Please respect the body-mind and the process of progress. There is no short-cut.
- If you have minimum knowledge of English, it is enough to understand and participate in the training. The teachers will sit with you during the extra time if required, to assist you for the better understanding of the sessions.
- However, you will need to prepare the body-mind for the intensive training for a year minimum.
- You will be teaching from Day 2. However, you can teach group classes in the language you speak back home such as Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese etc.
- Participation in the Yoga Teacher Training does not guarantee you the certificate as a Yoga Teacher. There are different set-standards of measurements put in place to assess the abilities of the student’s progress. They also include ethical Yogic behaviour and following the principles of Yamas and Niyamas.
- Samyak Yoga Ashram is a combination of spiritual Yoga Ashram environment with professional training institutional approach. We strive to keep the energy of the ashram undiluted so that the professional training in Yoga Practice brings out the spiritual transformation too.
- Therefore, try to come with the emptiness or openness of a Zen/Tao or Yogis’ heart.
HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – COURSE FEE
Registration Fee: 30,000 INR
EARLY BIRD DATE
31 July 2018
Course Fee (Early Bird): 105000 INR for the registrations confirmed by 30 July 2018
For the Registration Fee of 30,000 INR received before 30 July 2018, the second payment is 75,000 INR.
Course Fees: 115000 INR for Registrations after 30 July 2018.
For the Registration Fee of 30,000 INR received after 30 July 2018 the second payment will be 85,000 INR.
HOW MUCH IS THE COURSE FEE IN EUROS/USD?
The training costs € 1350 Euros / 1600 USD (including the registration fee).
Please visit xe.com for exact currency conversion rates.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEES
- Ayurveda Based Food
- Single Accommodation
- Transportation from Bangalore Airport
- Tuition and training in Traditional Hatha Yoga
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- One Samyak Yoga T-shirt
- One Jalaneti Kit
- One Notebook and a pen
- WiFi Facility
Food is purely vegetarian and cooked with natural products.
Rooms are single occupancy.
OUTLINE OF HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Fill up the Registration Form and Submit.
- Registration Dept. will get back to you with further details and you will be asked if you would like to confirm.
- To secure the registration, register for Payment Portal (the link will be shared by the Registration Dept.)
- Complete the Registration Payment of 30000 INR in your dashboard of Payment Portal and your place will be secured in the training.
- You will receive the ‘WELCOME KIT’ with details about the training and required preparation for the training along with the payment receipt.
- You will be required to complete the remaining payment in the same payment portal within 30 days of registration payment.
- You will receive the payment receipt and necessary information regarding the training.
- Upload the Passport copy for documentation and traveling details to arrange the transportation in the payment portal.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- Check-in: 1 November, at noon – Lunch included
- Check-out: 28 November at 10:00 AM – Breakfast is included
TENTATIVE TIME TABLE
|6:30 AM – 8:30 AM||Traditional H atha Yoga Practice|
|8:30 AM – 10:00 AM||Breakfast and Homework|
|10:00 AM – 11:15 Am||Yoga Philosophy|
|11:15 AM – 11:30 AM||Tea Break|
|11:30 AM – 12:30 PM||Asana Clinic|
|12:30 PM – 1:30 PM||Teaching Training|
|1:30 PM – 4:30 PM||Lunch Break|
|4:30 PM – 6:00 PM||Theme based workshops|
|6:00 PM – 6.30 PM||Break|
|6:30 PM – 6:45 PM||Kirtans|
|6:45 PM – 7:30 PM||Pranayama & Meditation Practices|
TIPS & THINGS TO KNOW
HOW TO REACH MYSORE
- Book your flight to BANGALORE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (also known as Kempegowda International Airport) – Airport Code is BLR.
- The distance between the Airport and Samyak Yoga Ashram is around 170 Kms.
- Send us your flight detail information, such as Flight Number, Terminal number, Date and Time of your arrival.
- We will send you a taxi for your transportation from the BANGALORE AIRPORT. The journey is about 3-4 hours.
- The Taxi will be waiting for you at the Arrival Gate with a sign “YOUR NAME – SAMYAK YOGA”.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING WITH YOU
- PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Your own Yoga Mat, Belt, and props if necessary.
- Your own towel.
- Your own medicine such as Paracetamol, contact lenses product, personal hygiene product (for ladies).
- Tiger Balm, Arnica, natural anti-mosquito product.
- To travel in India no vaccines are required.
- A container for the water – we are providing filter water, please DO NOT CARRY ANY PLASTIC BOTTLE.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS are allowed on the premises of Samyak Yoga.
- Sufficient money in cash for your own needs as the ATM is not nearby.
- Your smile and a positive attitude.
- We can accommodate you a day earlier i.e. on October 31st, 2018 the course starts. If you are arriving earlier than October 31st, 2018 you will have to find your own accommodation. Then, the transportation will be organized from the guest house or hotel in Mysore (not from Bangalore).
- Accommodation is included from November 1st to November 28th, 2018.
- If you arrive on October 31st, 2018 the transportation is included in the training fee. But you will have to pay an extra fee for the food & accommodation.You can contact for details.
- Laundry Service available – 1,400 Refundable deposit is made by the student and a nominal fee will be deducted.
- Transportation is included FROM the Bangalore Airport or from Mysore. Transportation is included only if you are reaching by October 31st or November 1st, 2018. Before these dates transportation will be at your own expense.
- The transportation facility ends on November 1st, at 11:00 AM. The latest time for you to arrive at the airport will be 11:00 AM on 1st of November 2018.
- The transportation is arranged for every student. Therefore you do not have to wait for other students to arrive. Your taxi will be ready as soon as you arrive at the airport.
- The transportation at the end of the training isn’t included. However, it can be arranged if requested. You can contact the reception during your stay at the Ashram for assistance.
- The food provided at the Ashram is delicious – Ayurveda based meals. However, we do try our best to arrange the alternative food arrangements for Vegan and other food preferences such as lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance.
- The food we consume is very significant in the yoga practice. Therefore, we make a conscious effort in choosing the ingredients such as fruits and vegetables as organic as possible. It is also important how it is prepared. The mind of Chef in the preparation of the food has an impact on the quality of food. Even the process of food consumption has an immense impact on the yoga practice. Considering all the aspects, we have been making conscious efforts in offering food as a sacred process of enhancing Yoga practice.
- You can apply for a TOURISTIC VISA or E-visa. Check if your country is on the E-VISA list. You need to have a visa valid for at least 29 days. Visit indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html for details.
We will be in touch right away
Mysore Yoga Teacher Training Institute
Mysore Yoga Teacher Training Institute (Samyak Yoga)
#76, Cauvery Sannidhi
Karnataka, India 571438