Yoga Alliance Approved
Yoga Alliance Professionals Approved
Awarded Yoga Centre for Excellence
- Complete Online Training
- Eligibility to register with Yoga Alliance and Yoga Alliance Professionals
- All Live Sessions
- Revisit sessions if needed
- Complete Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Traditional Knowledge from the source
Honestly, coming from a traditional Gurukula background, we are not pro to learning Yoga online. We haven’t invested ourselves in teaching online though we are asked by a lot of students week after week.
However, by the insistence of a lot of students, we started designing a structure for the online training.
We do not wish to be just teaching you some asanas and pranayama online and disappear.
We have been trying to find the best method to make it as similar as it could have been on-site training here at Samyak Yoga Mysore.
This course structure needs your investment of time and energy every day with an understanding that being a Yoga Teacher is a noble responsibility.
Why should you take this training?
Samyak Yoga is one of the fastest-growing Yoga communities in the world with over 2000 students across 80 nationalities.
Some special features of this training are:
Course syllabus in detail
Know if it’s the right training for you
Traditional Hatha Yoga Asana Practice
During this training, we entirely focus on exploring the traditional method of Hatha Yoga Practice. We do not mix up different other styles. This traditional Hatha Yoga practice allows you to explore all different aspects of practice.
However, at the end of the training, there will be an introduction to popular traditional methods so that as a Hatha Yoga Teacher you know about other styles too.
As a Yoga Teacher, you should know about how muscles functions and how the human skeleton is used in the asana practice. We do not talk just about different systems in a boring way. Instead, these sessions are fascinating in understanding the asanas, how to practice and teach without injuries etc.
The sessions also focus on anatomy behind pranayamas, such as how respiratory system is interlinked with Prana system of Yogic wisdom. The sessions also shed light on anatomical perspectives of the Bandhas.
These sessions bring out the Yoga teacher within you. How to practice a particular asana, how to prepare for the same asana, what are the props used, who can / can’t practice, what are the benefits, how to teach that asana, how to use your voice etc are discussed in the series of sessions during the asana clinic.
Asana Clinics are the fundamentals that make you the Yoga Teacher that you aspire to be. These sessions discuss every detail about the asana that you need to know as a Yoga Teacher.
Pranayama and Meditation
Pranayama and Meditation are the essences of asana practice. These everyday sessions offer the practice beyond asana and these techniques make you a complete Yoga teacher, instead of being an asana teacher.
Yoga Class Sequencing
As a Yoga Teacher, it is significant to know how to create your own classes. Following the traditional framework, you will explore the intuitive methods of creating Hatha Yoga classes for different levels of students. This is one of those tools that make the teacher skilful and every class interesting.
Being a Hatha Yoga Teacher, at the end of the course, you should be able to design your own Yoga Classes for different levels of students. Only then you will be a Yoga Teacher, not just a Yoga Instructor.
Daily Time Table
6:30 AM – 7.30 AM – Pranayama, Meditation Practices
7.30 – 9.00 AM – Yoga Philosophy
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM – Asana Clinic
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM – Traditional Hatha Yoga Practice
* All timings are based on IST. Sundays are day-offs dedicated to preparing for the upcoming week with Svadhyaya. Sessions will continue as usual every other day.
If you are joining from a different time zone, you will receive the recorded session after each class is over. You can use the recorded session to practice and learn at your convenience.
There will be an hour Q&A session once per week for those students who are unable to join us on Live.
Explore Beyond Asana
Q & A with Lead Teachers
Traditional Hatha Yoga
Know Before You Register
- All sessions are Live and will be on Zoom.
- You will also get the recorded version after every session in case of missing the sessions.
- You have the option to hide your video at any time. Zoom may ask you to approve being recorded, but if your video is off no one will see you.
- It’s essential that you stay muted so that other participants can listen to the teacher without interruption unless asking a question at an appropriate time. You can always email questions with regards to practice and philosophy/WhatsApp too.
- It may take some time to get the technology working on your end. Again, downloading the Zoom app is recommended. You can also try wireless/Bluetooth headphones if your device’s speakers are not great.