If you have a foundation of regular Asana, Pranayama practice, this course can transform the practice, bring new tips and techniques and explore the philosophy behind the practice.
The practice brings the alignments, intention of every asana practice, methods of deepening the practice, modifications or variations of asanas while for you as a teacher the sessions explore the methods of teaching the particular asana, a family of asanas, creating the Yoga class modules, understanding the student in front and offering the variations, art of hands on adjustments, voice modulation, positioning of the teacher in every asana sequencing etc.
Before attending an Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Course you should:
- Have a REGULAR practice in the style of Yoga you are selecting for teacher training, for at least 3 to 4 times a week, 3 months minimum prior the course starts.
- Try to sit with cross legs often. This can help you to focus on the discussions, philosophy sessions, and meditation practices during the training.
- Know the Suraya Namaskara A & B of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series for Ashtanga Yoga Training.
- Know the Suraya Namaskara of the Hatha Yoga for Hatha Yoga Training.
- A regular practice of the Pranayama is not mandatory but highly recommended. You can start by practicing Nadi Shudhi and Kapalabati.
- Read the books Light on Yoga and Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar.