Yoga Teacher Training Requirements
Before attending an Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Course you should:
- Have a REGULAR practice in the style of Yoga (Hatha or Ashtanga) of at least 3 to 4 times a week, 3 months minimum prior the course starts.
- A regular practice of Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Power Yoga, Flow Hatha Yoga is not mandatory but recommended.
- Know the Suraya Namaskara A & B of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series.
- Know the Suraya Namaskara of the Hatha Yoga.
- A regular practice of the Pranayama is not mandatory but highly recommended. You can start by practicing Nadi Shudhi and Kapalabati.
- Read the books Ligth on Yoga and Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar.
Please note that our Yoga Teacher Training Courses are intensive. There will be Teaching Methodology session where we around 70 Asana will be discussed in detail. Each Asana will be explained in depth with limitation, benefit, proper breathing, alignment, getting in and coming out of the pose with grace. Each student will learn how to do the asana properly, align and adjust.
From the second day of the course students will be required to teach their first yoga class and this all along of the four weeks.
It is then very important to be physically ready in order to welcome the daily practices and to enjoy your month with us.