VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING JULY 2017
Date: July 1st 2017 to July 28th 2017
Location: Samyak Yoga Ashram, Mysore – India
Certification: 200 Hour Yoga Alliance US and Yoga Alliance UK
Residential Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Mysore, India
Vinyasa Yoga is a style of Yoga practice evolved since time immemorial. Vinyasa is a krama or an order as Sri T Krishnamacharya says which brings the asanas into the practice is a specific way. Pattabhi Jois always used to refer to his teacher saying that the asana practice should never be done without the Vinyasa.
Vinyasa Yoga is a traditional Yoga asana practice style which mainly influenced by Ashtanga Vinyasa in the modern world. Vinyasa Yoga when learnt traditionally, it can be very creative and interesting for the students to practice and explore the inner potentialities of the human body.
Vinyasa Yoga Tradition is mainly based on the tristhana practice of asanas, i.e. Asana, Breath and Drishti. These three combined in the practice will bring the Bandhas and the Vinyasa Yoga becomes a moving meditation.
You can expect the following during your Vinyasa Yoga training with Samyak Yoga
Let us consider you as a Vinyasa Yoga Practitioner:
- You will explore the alignment techniques, practice tips, using props to develop the practice
- You will spend time to discuss on the physical, mental and spiritual perspectives and benefits of Asanas.
- It is very important to develop a self practice. You will be guided on how to build your self practice. Back home, you should be able to build your own self practice-modules, not only the ones you have done during the course. We will spend time on how to build the practice modules and develop self practice.
- Inter-relate the practice of Pranayama with asana-practice. Pranayama is a significant practice but often neglected. Hence, during the course you will spend ample time in developing your pranayama practice and you will incorporate in your self practice.
- Meditation is the goal of the asana-pranayama practice. Hence you will be practicing meditation techniques every day.
- You will be participating in sessions on Yoga Sutras, the philosophy of Yoga, history and origin of the practice. These will develop a spiritual perspective towards the practice.
What will you receive as a to-be Vinyasa Yoga Teacher
- You will be teaching from Day 2.
- Please keep in the mind before you register, this is a Yoga Teacher Training in Vinyasa Yoga where in you will spend a good amount of time every day in developing your skills of teaching Yoga.
- You will be receiving individual feedback from the teachers on every day basis.
- As a Vinyasa Yoga Teacher, you should be able to create your own Yoga Class modules. Hence we discuss the traditional methods of sequencing Yoga classes and you will be creating a few Yoga class modules under the supervision of the teachers.
- You will also be teaching Pranayama and meditation techniques.
- There will be sessions on how to use your voice in teaching different categories of asanas, positioning as a teacher during the teaching or in demonstrations, refining body language as a teacher etc.
- We will be discussing every day on the Art of Hands on Adjustments of every asana. This is a great tool in helping your students if learnt properly.
- Your teaching sessions will get intense during the second half of the training.