Today, after being in the yogic path for more than a decade, Samyak Yoga – an enduring and vibrant yoga family is very enthusiastic and happy to invite people of all ages from all around the world to pursue their path of self-development in the land of Yogis with us in Mysore- South India.
WHAT IS SVAYAM?
• SVAYAM is a Sanskrit word which literally means ‘By Self’ or in other words-by itself. Here, it is also an abbreviation for Samyak Vishwa Adhyatma Yoga Anusandhana Mandiram. If translated in simple English, it would be ‘A Perfect Temple for Research on Spiritual Unity’.
• How long can a human go in search of eternal happiness in the external world? There will be a day in every one of our lives when we would realize that internal search is the only way to be happy and be satisfied with oneself and strive to be better human in all aspects of life.
• SVAYAM will be an excellent abode for such people who are in search of an answer for how to start with that internal search and where to start. This will be a place which will enhance, stimulate, guide and encourage the Yogic and Spiritual inquiry by supporting the potential of transformation and sublimation in each person.
• This will be a residential community of spiritual aspirants who would join us in different yoga teacher training programs, yoga retreats and workshops, Ayurvedic treatments, programs on Thai Yoga Massage, Reiki healing etc…
• Self–Realization is the Manifestation of Perfection already in Human.
• Nothing can be taught, we just guide and learning happens by itself.
• Every Individual needs the liberty to fathom spirituality in his own way rather than depending on a cult and blindly follow the scriptural sermons without critically analyzing and inquiring the subtle aspects.
• Every living soul has the independence to believe Humanity as a family and strive to maintain peace and collateral relation without succumbing to geographical, religious and superstitious divisions.
• Every human is on his/ her own chosen step of evolution towards perfection of materialistic, psychic & spiritual lives. So no one is different from other or similar.
• To have the aspiration of purification for the sublimation is the key to open the doors of spirituality.
• Much More…..
If you really aspire to spend some time in India and have an experience of its spiritual wisdom, you should first take the time and effort to look into the variety of options available. While this might be obvious to the expert traveler, it may not be so apparent to someone who is visiting India for the first time. Although there are hundreds of spiritual centers throughout India, only a few will fit your needs as an individual on your own spiritual journey. There are so many different forms of yoga that are available, and each is designed to fit the character and personality traits of specific individuals.
Some of the major forms of yoga that are part of the ancient tradition of spirituality in India and are still taught today include:
• Raja Yoga: Yoga that is mainly focused on developing the intuitive sense and works to evolve what some may consider a psychic sense. The primary vehicle for the spiritual practices in this form of yoga is the mind.
• Bhakti Yoga: Yoga of devotion and song. This type of yoga raises ones sense of connection to Divine and is usually done through the median love, compassion, and devotion. The primary practice taught in bhakti yoga include: kirtan (song and chanting), meditation, and prayer.
• Jnana Yoga: Yoga that is focused on developing the mind and wisdom. It is very much the philosophical side of Yoga. Self-study and inquisition are the basis for this style of yoga.
• Karma Yoga: Yoga of service and action where people work for the good of humanity and the earth. The primary purpose of this practice is to build a humble and compassionate character that is selfless and free from the bonds of karma.
And of course there are many other forms of yoga practice that exist beside the ones mentions above, but this is just to give you an idea of how diverse yoga really is. But between these, there are said to be hundreds of other divisions that date back as far as 10,000 yrs ago during the time of the Indus Valley Civilization.
Let us just say this: Spirituality is a lifelong journey, and what an ashram can offer is only as great as what we are ready to realize through ourselves. Ultimately, we walk this path alone, but with the love and support of other spiritually minded souls our hidden potentials and unconscious inhibiting weaknesses can be discovered and worked upon so that, the true inner growth can be actualized. An ashram could be or has been the shelter for such like-minded people who strive to be and think unique about one-self. Emphasis on self because it all begins from within!
SVAYAM will be a place where the fore-told fact can be experienced in reality or can be a place where the spark for the discovery can be lit and slowly fanned as fire of spiritual growth.
• YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE (200hrs & 300hrs)
• AYURVEDIC CONSULTATIONS & TREATMENTS
• COURSES ON REIKI (I, II & III DEGREE)
• COURSES ON THAI YOGA MASSAGE (RECOGNIZED BY GOVT. OF THAILAND)
• WORKSHOPS & DISCOURSES ON YOGA & INDIAN PHILOSOPHIES
• WORKSHOP & COURSES ON AYURVEDA
• WORKSHOP ON INDIAN DANCE & MUSIC (BHARATNAATYAM & CARNATIC)
• WORKSHOP ON VEDIC CULTURE & THE UPANISHADS
• SPOKEN SANSKRIT COURSES