RESIDENTIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
MYSORE, INDIA – JUNE 2017
Date: June 1st to June 28th, 2017
Location: Samyak Yoga Mysore
Yoga Certification: 200 Hour Yoga Alliance US
Course Fees: 1,400 €
Course Fees after April 30th, 2017: 1,500€
Course Description – Hatha Yoga
A complete immersion for a residential Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course. Our Yoga Teacher Training course focuses on how to teach Asana, Pranayama and Meditation in traditional Hatha Yoga style. Students will be guided on how to teach Asana for beginner, intermediate and advanced practitioners.
The morning practice will be focused on the Asana Practice. The afternoon will be dedicated to the daily Group Practice where students will be teaching their Yoga Classes in small groups under the supervision of the lead teacher.
The students are explored to understand, learn and practice the traditional Hatha Yoga in its undiluted form.
During this Hatha Yoga Training the following topics will be covered:
- How to practice asana (technique and subtle points to be understood while practicing)
- Asana Clinic – This session explores the alignment, benefits, limitations, usage of props and art of hands on adjustments of every asana practiced.
- What is Hatha Yoga Sequencing and how to sequence a Hatha Yoga Class.
- The techniques, Principles of teaching Yoga
- How to teach a Yoga Class
- How to teach Pranayama, how to sequence Pranayama practices in a Yoga Class
- How to use the voice as a Yoga Teacher, position yourself while teaching, body language of a yoga teacher
- How to correct and adjust yoga practitioner while teaching (it is important to pay attention to all of your students in your Yoga class)
- Indication of drishtis (point of concentration, gaze, focus)
From the Theoretical Part of the Intensive Hatha Yoga Course the following topics will be covered:
- Traditional Meditation Techniques
Traditional Meditation techniques are practiced every day. Some meditation techniques are practiced on the bank of the river Cauvery during early morning. You will also be taught and given opportunities to teach meditation so that a a teacher you are equipped on how to teach meditation techniques.
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras are the most authentic contribution on the theory and practice of Yoga. You will be exploring the Yoga Sutras in Sanskrit, with English transliterations and meanings in details with daily life-examples. Our effort is to bring this 200 year old Yoga sutras in our daily lives.
Origin, development and evolution of Hatha Yoga is an important aspect for every Yoga teacher. We discuss in detail about what i traditional Hatha Yoga and its authentic text “Hatha Yoga Pradeepika”.
Pranayama techniques are practiced every day. We discuss about the techniques, benefits, limitations of every Pranayama. You will also be teaching Pranayama in small groups so that teaching pranayama will be easier back home as a Yoga teacher.
Chakras are one of the most fascinating, influential element in human’s life. We discuss how chakras influence the human body-mind evolution, how to re-structure the mental patterns based on the Chakras. We also work in how to create a Hatha Yoga Class based on Chakras. With the theoretical discussion on Chakras, we work on Chakra meditation techniques too.
Light on the muscles used to perform a particular asana and how to enhance the quality of the asana without injuring oneself are the primary requirement of a Yoga Teacher. We emphasis a lot on the safer practices of Yoga Asanas with key alignments, modifications, variations and often equipped with preparations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEES
- Food and Single Accommodation (for 28 Days)
- Transportation from the BANGALORE AIRPORT
- A complete Hatha Yoga Manual consisting theoretical & practical aspects of practice and teaching Hatha Yoga
- One Samyak Yoga T-shirt
- One Jalaneti Kit
- One Notebook and A Pen
Food is purely vegetarian and cooked with natural products.
Rooms are single occupancy.
TENTATIVE TIME SCHEDULE
6.30 – 8.30 AM, Asana Practice, Pranayama
8.30 – 10.00 AM, Breakfast
10.00 – 11.00 AM, Yoga Philosophy
11.00 – 12.30 PM, Asana Clinic
12.30 – 1.30 PM, Group Practice
1.30 – 4.30 PM, Lunch Break
4.30 – 6.00 PM, Evening Practice
6.00 – 6.30 PM, Break
6.30 – 7.30 PM, Kirtans, Lecture II